Higher Education Center Parking Rules & Regulations
The Higher Education Center parking and traffic is supervised by the Southwestern College Police Department. Parking and traffic are enforced at all times at the Higher Education Center, National City. The following rules and regulations pertain to all vehicles within the jurisdiction of Southwestern College.
Parking Services hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM with the exception of all State mandated and SWC District holidays.
If you have any parking related questions and cannot find your answer here, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at: email@example.com or by telephone (619) 216-6611.
Parking Rules & Regulations are as follows:
- All regulatory signs within the parking structure must be obeyed. Violators will be cited under California Vehicle Code Section 21113(a).
- The maximum speed limit within the parking structure is 10 MPH.
- Parking is allowed in marked spaces only.
- Except in disabled parking spaces, all vehicles must have a valid college parking permit, properly displayed, while parked in the parking structure. Vehicles parked in disabled person spaces must display state-issued disabled person identification at all times.
- Staff parking spaces (gold-lined parking stalls) require a valid staff parking permit at all times. Staff permits are valid in student and staff parking spaces.
- Student parking spaces (white-lined parking stalls) require a valid student semester parking permit or a single day parking permit, Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. , and Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Student semester parking permits are available through telephone registration. After the registration period, permits may be purchased at the Higher Education Center Student Services, Room 7116.
- Single day permits, valid the date of issuance, are available for $3.00 from the permit dispenser located on the second level of the structure next to the elevator.
- Parking on the roof of the structure is prohibited and its use is solely for the staff and visitors of the San Diego County of Education Facility.
- Purchase of a parking permit does NOT guarantee a parking space. The responsibility for finding a legal parking space rests with the operator of the vehicle. Lack of space is not an excuse for illegal parking.
- Southwestern College is not responsible for lost or stolen permits. Replacement permits may be purchased in the Higher Education Center Student Services, Room 7116.
- Special permits may be issued on a case-by-case basis. Such permits must be displayed on the dash, face up.
- Parking or loitering on campus after 10:00 p.m. or after special events is prohibited.