Southwestern College



  • New and returning students are required to attend a CalWORKs Orientation prior to seeing a CalWORKs counselor.
  • IMPORTANT: Your ETA/ECM must email CalWORKs a referral form or you may bring the referral form with you to your orientation appointment. A new referral is required if your case ever becomes: discontinued, sanctioned, closed, or if you skip a semester.
  • Make an appointment with a CalWORKs counselor for an Individual Training Plan (ITP). This plan is required to obtain your supportive services, such as books, child care and transportation. 

Reminders for All Students  

  • Make an appointment with a CalWORKs counselor for assistance with academic planning and be on time. If you are unable to attend your appointment, we ask you notify the CalWORKs office at least 10 minutes in advance of your appointment time. 
  • Take advantage of enrollment priority, enroll in classes on your registration date and time and make your CalWORKs counseling appointment for the semester Individual Training Plan (ITP).
  • Check your SWC email daily at MYSWC.
  • Each month, attach your current WebAdvisor class schedule to your 116 HHSA Form (Monthly Attendance Verification Form) and turn it in to your ETA/ECM.  It is due no latter than the 5th of each month. 
  • Re-apply for the California Promise Grant online prior to each summer session. 
  • Apply or renew your FAFSA every year. The priority deadline is March 2. 
  • Comply with all parking regulations. A valid parking permit is required at all times while classes are in session.  Campus Police cites any improper parking (area not designated, staff parking, meter parking and misuse of handicap parking).


Last updated: 4/13/2018 11:09:54 AM