As a County supportive service to your Welfare-to-Work Plan, you may request required textbooks and a semester parking permit from your ETA/ECM.
- Make an appointment with a CalWORKs counselor to complete your Individual Training Plan (ITP), the “ticket” to County supportive services. This document is created every semester as long as you have an open CalWORKs case.
- Request your required textbooks and parking permit as soon as your ITP is completed.
- You may also purchase a parking permit in advance from Cashiering.
- Your ETA/ECM needs your textbook printouts and semester ITP to process a supportive services check. It can take up to 10 days to receive a check from the County.
- Access our Campus Bookstore's website to obtain printouts of your required books and prices. If you plan to purchase your textbooks at the National City HEC Bookstore, please note that the tax is 9%. Chula Vista campus tax is 8%.
- Course sylabus are available on the first day of class. Use your course sylabus to show proof to your ECM/ETA of any required items or supplies for the class.
- Keep the original receipt of all purchased items. Your ETA/ECM may request them.
Detailed and updated information is provided during the CalWORKs counseling appointment. Please call us at 619-482-6510 for an appointment or for more information.