(Proposed Revisions from June 9, 2012 Board Retreat)
The Board reviewed and identified the following goals to enhance its own performance as a Board. These goals will be included as criteria in the next Board self-evaluation.
Monitor progress on district strategic directions, Board goals and Superintendent/President goals.
- Implement a study session schedule for board education and monitoring.
- Continue review and updating of Board Policies.
- Expect Board members to be visible and involved in the community, including with business, industry, education, labor and civic organizations.
- Review the Board self-evaluation process and criteria prior to the next cycle and implement changes as appropriate.
- Continue to clarify and differentiate the roles of the S/P and Board; clarify and adhere to protocols and practices for effective Board/CEO communication and relations.
- Institute time management strategies for Board meetings in order to ensure efficient and effective use of meeting time.
- Become more knowledgeable and monitor policy standards and implementation, particularly in fiscal and business areas.
- Foster a climate of trust and collegiality by continuing to adhere to ethical standards and model civility and respect.