Institutional Research provides Southwestern College with accurate and timely information used to support campus decision-making, planning, and policy formation. The office is responsible for compiling and reporting data to state and federal agencies to fulfill compliance requirements and assure institutional effectiveness. In addition to preparing statistical content and reports for Accreditation, Campus Climate surveys, Fast Facts, Faculty Hiring Prioritization, IPEDS, Program Review, Strategic Planning, SLOs, and Title V. Institutional Research performs many additional ad hoc analyses for various departments and individuals across campus. For staff members to receive this type of service, please submit a ServiceNow Research or Survey Request (MySWC Login Required).
Any off-campus person or entity proposing to engage in research within the Southwestern Community College District must submit a proposal to the Institutional Research Review Board (IRRB). Please contact Bill Abasolo, Director of Institutional Research and Assessment, at (619) 216-6686 or firstname.lastname@example.org or please visit the IRRB site here.
INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH STAFF
- Bill Abasolo, J.D., Director of Institutional Research and Assessment | (619) 216-6686 | Room 105E
- David Wales, M.A.S., M.P.A., Senior Research & Planning Analyst | (619) 421-6700 x5529 | Room 105K
- Christina Buelna, M.A., Research Analyst | (619) 421-6700 x5897 | Room 105O
- Jessica Noel, M.P.P., Research Analyst | (619) 421-6700 x5505 | Room 105M
- Briana Todhunter, M.S., Research Analyst | (619) 421-6700 x5909 | Room 105G