How do students qualify?
EOPS services are offered to students who meet all the following criteria:
- Be residents of California or be classified AB540;
- Be enrolled full-time (12 or more units) when accepted into the EOPS program (6 units if you have certification from DSS Office);
- Not have completed more than 58 units of degree-applicable course work. This includes course work completed at all colleges previously attended;
- Be qualified to receive a Board of Governors Fee Waiver Application (BOGW) A or B; AND
- Be judged to be educationally disadvantaged.
How is educationally disadvantaged determined? (Must meet ONE of the following)
- Assessed below Math 45 or English 114
- No high school diploma or GED
- High school GPA less than 2.50
- Previously enrolled in basic skill courses
- Is first in family to attend college
- Speaks a language other than English at home