- CARE is a program provided by the State of California to assist single parents who are attending college. CARE stands for Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education.
CARE/EOPS services help meet the unique need of single parents. If you are CARE/EOPS eligible you may receive the assistance listed below to help make it possible for you to attend college.
- GRANT AID - Money to pay for expenses, or other school related costs, a grant will be provided each semester.
- PERSONAL COUNSELING - To develop coping strategies to meet the demands of school and home.
- ACADEMIC COUNSELING -To determine the appropriate courses to meet education and/or career goals.
- CAREER ASSESSMENT -To help explore life and career choices.
- WORKSHOPS - To address the concerns and issues that affect single parents.
- School Supply Grant
- Meal Tickets
- Gas card or Bus Pass
- Computer Loan Program
Who is eligible for CARE?
You are eligible for CARE services if you have met all of the following requirements:
- Have been determined EOPS eligible and are enrolled in 12 units or more.
- Have at least one child 13 years of age or younger;
- Applicant and/or child receive CalWORKs Cash Aid;
- Applicant has an active CalWORKs case number for the household;
- You are at least 18 years old and a single head of household;
- Have applied for financial aid and have a need for childcare, transportation, books, and/or counseling to attend college; AND
- You are pursuing career technical education, or job training program at Southwestern College.
Please call the EOPS office, (619) 482-6456, email us at EOPS@swccd.edu or visit the EOPS office in the Student Services Center for more information.