Why a green roof? Well, green roofs can do the following:
- Lessen the heat build-on roofs
- Lessen heat radiation back into our cities
- Provide oxygen to our urban air
- Absorb carbon dioxide, dust, and other pollutants
- Provide a location for birds and other related organisms
- Beautify our urban environment
- They are fun!
Our green roof demonstration garden is built on a sloping octagonal roof that covers a gazebo. Planted with succulents to lessen the water and maintenance needs, this roof was easy to plant and is fun to watch as it matures.