The Southwestern College Foundation (SWCF) exists solely for the benefit of Southwestern College and awards approximately $60,000 per year for campus activities/organizations through the Foundation's Mini Grant program. Funding for Mini grants are provided by the generosity of donors and the fundraising efforts of the Southwestern College Foundation.
Download Application HERE
Deadline to Apply: February 26, 2018
Faculty Advisors and ASO Leaders: Please share this information with your various club officers so that they also have this important information.
Application Opens Deadline Award Notification Eligible Project Dates
January 29, 2018 February 26, 2018 March 16, 2018 April 1 – September 30, 2018
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN OUR OFFICE BY FEBRUARY 26, 2018
Applicants must be
a college department, program, student or staff organization.
Funding categories will include:
• Conference Attendance
o Foundation will fund either speaker fees or speaker expenses, but not both.
o Speakers receiving any funding support from a foundation mini grant will not be allowed to sell any
product or service during their work on the funded project.
• Equipment, not otherwise funded by general fund, Perkins or other funding stream.
• College Tours
• Event Sponsorships
• Promotional Items and Food/Refreshments
• Other projects that demonstrate an enhanced educational experience for students
Requests for funding of no less than $250 and no more than $2,000 is advised
• Include line item budgets that document any matching funds and/or partnerships
• Applicants must demonstrate an effort to access additional funding through other campus funding streams, fundraising or other external funders.
Note: Mini Grant applications for equipment will be considered only if the application provides documentation that funding was first requested through a college department.
COMPLETED AND SIGNED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE RETURNED TO:
Southwestern College Foundation
Office of Development and Foundation, Room 101A
Contact Zaneta Salde-Encarnacion with any questions (619) 216-6613