The following services may be provided by dental hygiene students under supervision in the Dental Hygiene Clinic:
- Blood pressure screenings
- Oral cancer screenings
- Pit and Fissure Sealants
- Adult/Child Cleanings
- Preventive Dental Education
- Topical fluoride treatments
- Periodontal scaling and root planing (with limitations)
- Polishing of amalgam fillings
- Dental nutritional counseling
- Other related therapeutic services
SWC Dental Hygiene Will Refer for DENTAL Services
The Southwestern College Dental Hygiene Clinic does not provide a comprehensive dental examination for patients nor does it provide restorative dentistry (fillings/crowns), oral surgery (extractions), periodontal surgery or orthodontics (braces). It is highly recommended that all patients arrange an appointment with a dentist of their choice for a comprehensive examination, diagnosis, and treatment as indicated.
For assistance in locating a dentist or community clinic, please refer to the websites below.