Information for Fall 2013 Classes
• Fall 2013 application period begins. Applications may be completed online at www.swccd.edu.
• Email registration information to continuing students
• Email Registration to new and continuing students
• Registration begins by appointment for continuing students.
• Wait list available (as classes fill).
• Students will be able to register for up to 14 units maximum through July 17.
• Registration begins by appointment for new and returning students
• Students will be able to enroll in a maximum of 19 units for Fall.
• Residency determination date
• Fall instruction begins for full-term and first 8-week session
• Add/drop period/class change period—Admissions
• Last day to receive a refund In the Bookstore
• Last day to add classes
• Refunds—Last day to withdraw from full-semester classes and qualify for a full refund or enrollment fees and non resident tuition (See information below for short session deadline).
• Last day to get a refund in the Bookstore
• Last day to get a refund for Student Activities Stickers
• No Sunday classes in observance of Labor Day
• Holiday—Labor Day
• Last day to file a petition for independent study
• Last day to withdraw from a class without receiving a “W” grade (Note:
4th week in Catalog)
• Last day to file a petition for Pass/No Pass
• Last day to file a petition for Credit by Challenge Examination
• 2nd Short Session begins
• Deadline to Petition for Fall 2013 Graduation
• Last day to withdraw from full-semester courses and receive a “W” grade for full-semester (18-week sections).
• No Classes on Sunday in observance of Veterans Day
• Holiday—Veterans Day
• No evening classes
NOVEMBER 28–DECEMBER 1
• Thanksgiving Holiday
• No Classes/Flex Day
• Final Examination Week
• Last day of classes—End of Semester
*You may add classes with an add code or drop from classes via WebAdvisor at www.swccd.edu
. (Click on WebAdvisor
or go to https://webadvisor.swccd.edu
Short Session Deadlines:
Short Sessions begin August 19
and October 21
Deadlines for less-than-full-semester classes are determined as indicated below: (Note: Contact Admissions for specific dates for a specific class.)
• Deadline to add classes
: First week class meets
• Deadline for refund
: 10% of actual class meeting days
(Note: in some cases this may be the first day of class)
• Deadline to apply for pass/no pass option
: 30% of actual class meeting days (Note: Catalog states that this deadline is the first week for short term classes).
• Deadline to withdraw from class without receiving a “W”
: 20% of actual class meeting days
• Deadline to withdraw from class and receive a “W”
: 75% of actual meeting days
Important Dates & Deadlines