HOW TO ENROLL IN THE FLORENCE, ITALY, SPRING 2014 Program
After you have reviewed the material on eligibility for the program (2.0 GPA, 18 years of age or older, completed 12 college units) do the following:
- Download and complete the attached AIFS application Form.
- Download and complete the top part of the Student Conduct Release Form.
- Download and complete the Medical Release Form.
- Download and complete the Student Information Release Form.
NOTE: If you are a Southwestern College student bring your Student Conduct Release Form and all other completed application materials with you to the International Programs Office (room 651) between 11 am and 2 pm, Monday through Thursday. For non-Southwestern College students, please contact your on-campus study abroad coordinator or contact Dr. Kirkwood at IPGlobal@swccd.edu A list of area study abroad coordinators or campus contacts can be found at the bottom of this document. If you have any questions as to who to contact at your college, please feel free to contact Dr. Carla Kirkwood at IPGlobal@swccd.edu
ADDITIONAL ITEMS REQUIRED WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS
- A deposit of $450 (plus $50 for the optional excursion, if applicable) is due when you submit the application materials. Your check or money order must be made out to AIFS. We do not accept cash. If you are paying by credit card there is a space on the application form for you to do so.
- Bring a photocopy of the information page of your passport (the page with your picture). If you do not yet have a passport, please apply for one immediately. You cannot travel without it nor can AIFS make a plane reservation for you without a copy of your passport.
- Bring 2 copies of 2”x2” head shot photos with your name and program (“SDICCCA Florence”) on the back of each.
NOTE: The balance of fees should be sent before the dates indicated on the application form directly to: American Institute For Foreign Study, Partnership Programs, College Division, River Plaza, 9 West Broad Street, Stamford, CT 06902-3788. Telephone: (800) 727-AIFS.
NOTE: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications at the time of application but know you will do so by the end of fall semester 2013 Download and complete the “Attention Students Who Do Not Meet The Requirements of Having 12 units and a 2.0 GPA At Time Of Enrollment in the Spring 2014 Florence Program” form and bring it with you when you submit your application.
A List of Area Study Abroad Coordinators
Lyn Neylon PhD
Study Abroad Coordinator
Communication Arts, Office B355
900 Rancho San Diego Parkway
El Cajon, CA 92019
Coordinator, Institute for International Perspectives
Oceanside Campus, Room 3443
One Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
Attn: Leticia Lopez PhD
Study Abroad Liaison
7250 Mesa College Drive
San Diego, CA 92111
Professor Rosalinda Sandoval
Languages Department Chair
San Diego City College
1313 Park Blvd
San Diego, CA 92101
Carla Kirkwood PhD
International Studies Coordinator
900 Otay Lakes Road
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Marion De Koning PhD
Study Abroad Coordinator
8800 Grossmont College Dr.
El Cajon, CA 92020