The Southwestern College Higher Education Center at Otay Mesa strives to meet the needs of our International Business Community by providing quality programs. Over the years SWC students have become successful in all aspects of business such as Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management, and Computer Information Systems. Some have chosen specialized fields such as International Business, Logistics, Insurance, Human Resources, Office Systems, and Tourism. In addition, many of our students have been successful in starting their own businesses as entrepreneurs.
Our programs provide several options both short- and long-term:
- Short-term Basic, Intermediate/Advanced certificates (one to four semesters)
- Associate in Science degree (approximately four semesters)
- Associate in Arts transfer preparation courses/degrees (approximately four semesters). The transfer options provide lower division core courses to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Transfer preparation options in business administration and related fields include:
- Business Administration
- Community, Economic & Urban Development
- Computer Information Systems
- International Business
- International Logistics and Transportation
- Public Administration
- Real Estate
Begin by assessing your own strengths and by trying a few business courses that interest you. Get the assistance of a counselor and check with your professors who can give you many insights about the field(s) you are exploring. Work with your counselor to prepare a Student Education Plan (SEP). Then be sure to finish your certificate, degree and/or transfer program.
We look forward to seeing you on campus and/or interacting with you online. Remember that we are here to help you develop your skills and talents, and we wish you great success!
Programs in International Business, Community Development, and Leadership [PDF]
Gainful Employment Disclosure