Starting January 1, 2014, everyone is required to have health coverage either through an employer, Medi-Cal, state health programs, or the Marketplace (Covered California).
If you don’t have health coverage, you may have to pay a penalty.
As part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obamacare, California has a Health Insurance Marketplace where people looking for coverage can go online to find health insurance.
The Health Insurance Marketplace makes it easier to find health plans and choose the one that is best for you. Go to the Health Insurance Marketplace (www.HealthCare.gov) or Covered California (www.CoveredCA.com).
You can review each plan, see costs and what’s covered — so you can make an informed decision and enroll in a health plan that meets your needs and budget.
If you need help or have questions, you can get your answers online, by phone, or in person.
SWC Health Services has partnered with San Ysidro Health Center (SYHC) to assist you in answering your questions, or to help you enroll. Click here to find a location or event near you.
SWC Health Insurance Enrollment Events (English)
SWC Health Insurance Enrollment Events (Spanish)
Health Insurance Application Checklist
Lista de Verificaciones para COVERED CALIFORNIA Y MEDI-CAL
- SYHC – Covered CA webpage (English and Spanish) provides key information including flyers and helpful guides to print out. Please refer folks to this webpage where they will be able to find everything they need to know. Click here for the actual link.
- Links to SYHC- Covered CA Commercial – Thanks to Cox Communications, we have the following commercials in English and Spanish. Please forward or post on your Facebook!
English: To watch video click here.
Spanish: To watch video click here.
- Visit the SYHC Facebook Page - If you have not already done so, PLEASE “like” SYHC Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SYHealthCenter
We will be updating it with announcements and event information so you can easily share our posts with your friends, family and contacts.
- SYHC Health Insurance Hotline – Refer to the hotline (619) 600-3000 for more information, hour/locations of enrollment sites, eligibility screening and to set-up an appointment.
- After Hour & Weekend Enrollment Hours – They do offer after-hour enrollment appointments at Chula Vista Medical Plaza (T/Th until 8pm) and weekends at SYHC (until 2pm). They will soon have after-hours at SYHC and weekend hours at Ocean View.
NOTE: ONLY Covered California Certified Educators and advocates can enroll. Beware of imposters.
For more information, contact Health Services, (619) 482-6354, or go to room 601F.