Facilities Master Plan (FMP)
The Facilities Master Plan provides a current perspective for future academic and support services space, buildings and overall college/campus core amenity improvements. As a companion document to the Educational Master Plan, the FMP supports the development of the institution through the year 2025. The recommendations developed in this plan will depend upon and may require additional consideration in future planning. The Plan becomes a framework for campus development and addresses the following objectives.
- Create a functional and usable space/facilities plan based on the EMP that updates the previous assessment for space identi?ed in the 2008 Southwestern Educational and Facilities Master Plan.
- Review and assess the current conditions of the college and the higher education centers related to the academic and support service programs and validate through quanti?able measures, the data to support future space needs for the District
- Obtain qualitative input from the campus/center community in support of the EMP and quantitative data from the research resources in the District.
- Match space needs with the curriculum, create modern teaching facilities and learning environments, and provide modern support services suf? cient to serve students needs.
- Provide an overview for infrastructure planning, the development of campus standards and design guidelines, address deferred maintenance and general campus improvements.
- Evaluate traf?c circulation and pedestrian way ?nding with a goal of enhancing student access and student safety.
- Be a resource for decision making in support of the distribution of Measure R Bond monies for current capital projects, as well as providing additional opportunities for state funding.
- Produce a well conceived and well justi? ed plan for capitol outlay projects that are an outcome of a sound master planning process.
CHULA VISTA CAMPUS
Wellness Center / Gymnasium
Performing Arts & Cultural Center Complex (PACCC)
Student Union Complex
Math / Science Building
Planetarium / Exhibit Hall / Large Lecture
Fine Arts / Gallery
Business, CIS & Communications
IT / Central Services
Academic Success Center
Building 420 Remodel
Maintenance & Operations
Fields & Support Structures
Higher Education Center
Last updated: 4/2/2014 2:07:05 PM