Steps for Applicant to follow:
- Select two (2) persons from which to request letters of recommendations.
- At least one (1) of the letters must be from a SWC Faculty, Administrator, or Classified Professional.
- Ask the letter writers in advance if they agree to write the letters of recommendation for you, as they will receive a system email once you have entered their information on the application. The email to the writers will have a link for them to follow to upload the letters electronically to your scholarship application. Paper copies will NOT be accepted.
- Write down each writer's name and email addresses, which you will enter in the “References” section of the application to generate the emails to the two (2) writers.
- Specify to the writers the deadline date of: February 28, 2014 to upload the letters electronically.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation are required. Your application will not be considered if it is incomplete and it will be incomplete if it is missing a letter of recommendation.
- The email the writers receive, requests that the following topics to be addressed in their letter:
Why they believe you (the applicant) should be awarded a scholarship;
Any specific challenges/obstacles that they may be aware of that you (the applicant) have encountered while in college (ie: illness, financial hardship, etc.)
Your (the applicant’s) motivation and ability to complete your educational goals;
How long they have they known you (the applicant) and their relationship to you (the applicant);
Any other pertinent information they would like the scholarship committee to consider.
If your letter writers are not very familiar with your situation, educational goals, etc., you may want to give them a copy of your personal statement to guide them.
Last updated: 1/23/2014 3:49:30 PM