The transition from high school to college can be a bit overwhelming!
The Outreach office conducts an Early Admission Program (EAP) for all interested high school seniors. The program allows high school seniors to apply online, take the assessment, view the online orientation and receive priority register.
Graduating seniors attending school in the Sweetwater Union High School District (SUHSD) can fulfill the Early Admission process. College Peer Ambassadors are assigned to each of the high schools in the SUHSD. The Peer Ambassadors assists seniors with completing the EAP process as well as the financial aid. Special months have been set aside for students to complete their process.
The earlier you apply, the sooner we can provide information via email of upcoming events.
We hope you'll find the process easy and convenient. Online application and information links give you what you need when you need it. We also have professional peer Ambassadors and staff who want to assist you along the way.
Just follow these simple guidelines and you will be on your way to becoming a student at Southwestern College.
Fall Early Admission Program
- Step1: Application Fall 2019 starts October 1st
- Step2: New Student Orientation Part 1 starts March
- Step3: Assessment starts March 2019
- Step4: Orientation Part 2 and develop and submit your first semester student education plan online. This is available after assessment has been completed. Also, students can attend a Guided Orientation and develop a student education plan with a counselor in June 2019.
- Step 5: Registration starts in July 2019.
- Step 6: Payment is due before the drop date (TBA).
For screenreader access, click PDF Flyer
High school graduation verification form
If you are a graduating high school senior and are under 18 years of age at the start of summer or fall semester, please complete the high school graduation verification form. Return the completed form to Outreach or Admission before June 3rd for summer session or August 19th for fall semester
For more information contact us:
Phone: (619) 482-6518 or (619) 421-6700 x5126/5633
Fax: (619) 482-6489
Southwestern College 900 Otay Lakes Rd. Chula Vista, CA 91910
Outreach Office, Cesar Chavez Bldg., 1st floor, room S101
Fall Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:30pm & Friday 8:30am-3:00pm
Student Learning Outcome: Students will learn to successfully navigate the registration process.