Service for Patrons with Disabilities
Southwestern College is committed to providing access to library materials and services for all users and will make every effort to accommodate requests from library users with disabilities. If you need assistance or have questions/comments, please contact our Reference Desk, at 619-482-6700 x5381, TTY telephone: 619-482-6490 or by email email@example.com.
Retrieving Materials and Photocopying
Requests can be made three different ways:
- In person: Bring a list of items to be pulled or photocopied to the Circulation Desk at the library entrance on the second floor of the library.
- By Telephone: Call 619 482-6397
- Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call numbers must be provided for all items. If you need help determining call numbers, contact the Reference Desk by e-mail at email@example.com, telephone 619-421-6700 x5381, or in person at the on the second floor of the library.
Requests will be filled within 24 hours, Monday through Saturday. Circulation personnel will retrieve materials and assist with photocopying as staffing allows. All telephone requests and lengthy lists will be completed during weekday operating hours.
The only costs you will incur are the standard self-service photocopying rates of ten cents per sheet.
Materials will be held and must be picked up at the Circulation Desk located on the second floor of the library.
Reference librarians are available to answer your questions and assist in finding information sources. We can be contacted several ways:
- In person: Visit the reference desk on the second floor of the library Hours
- By phone: Call 421-6700-5381 or TDD 619-482-6490 for Library Reference,
- Via chat or e-mail: at firstname.lastname@example.org
Six designated parking spaces are available in Lot N located on the north side of campus. When entering from the north parking lot entrance, you will be on the first floor of LRC / Library building. Take the outside elevator immediately on your right to the second floor to enter the library building.
The library is wheelchair accessible and does have automatic doors.
There are wheelchair accessible photocopiers, rest rooms and water fountains are available on all floors.
All rooms, including the restrooms are braille labeled.
Adaptive Equipment & Software in the Library
The technologies listed below are available on computer stations in these locations; Interdisciplinary Tutoring Lab, Multi-Media Lab and Library Reference Computers:
- Adjustable computer workstations
- Trackball Mice
- PC Workstations with JAWS 5.0, Kurzweil 1000 & scanner, and Zoomtext
- Photocopiers with enlargement capabilities
- Headphones available for check out
- Microsoft Office software and Internet access
To access this equipment, please inquire at a service desk in the library building.
Second Floor Study Room L-234:
1- Adjustable workstation
1- Trackball Mouse
1- Color Video Magnification System "CCTV" (used to enlarge print materials)
1- PC Workstation with JAWS 5.0, Kurzweil 1000 & scanner, Dragon Naturally Speaking for voice control of the PC ,and Zoomtext
1- pair of headphones
Microsoft Office software and Internet access
Please contact the Reference Desk for access to room L-234
Questions or comments?