- California Career Cafe provides students with information and resources to help them identify a career direction. This website is developed by the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office.
- California Occupational Guides this series provides statewide information about individual occupations.
- Career InfoNet provides access to online career information and occupation profiles.
- Career One Stop sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor this site provides career information and employment trends.
- Careers in Business a directory of websites about different business career fields.
- Careers in Psychology explore different psychology related career fields.
- Careers-Internet.org includes career and scholarship information. Select the member button and login
User Name= 35w and Password= future
- Chronicle Career Library / On-Campus Access presents information on more than 2,000 occupational titles
Chronicle Career Library / Off-Campus Access currently enrolled students can access this resource from off campus locations.
- College Board.com - Major & Career Profiles provides career information by field of study.
- Criminal Justice Profiles explore criminal justice careers including Border Patrol Agent, FBI, CIA, Counter Terrorism, Forensic Scientist and more
- Green Careers provides information on green jobs. The list ofoccupations includes: wages, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, working conditions, and necessary education, training, and credentials.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook the government's premier source of career guidance featuring hundreds of occupations and career fields.
- O*NET Online detailed descriptions of the world of work and careers.
- Salary Surfer California Community College Chancellor's Office comparative information about the earnings of recent graduates who received an award in a specific program area at California community colleges.
- What Can I Do With a Major In... ? find out what careers are available to those majoring in a variety of disciplines.
- What Can I Do With a Major In - Resource List provides a list of resources from different university and college career centers.
- What Can I Do With This Major provides possible employers and strategies for employment for different fields of study.
Employment and Job Resources
- America's Job Center of California can assist job seekers in obtaining employment, and strengthening their employment skills.
- Cal Jobs is California's Employment Development Department's (EDD) Job Service that serves employers who want to fill job openings and individuals seeking employment.
- CareerBuilder.com free access to employment ads from major U.S. newspapers. Search by industry and location.
- Career Magazine comprehensive online career resource with job openings updated daily, employer profiles, and career links.
- Indeed - An employment search engine that searches job Web sites, newspapers, and company career pages by keyword and location to fit your needs.
- JobStar San Diego - San Diego area job search guide.
- Monster.com - a database of information for the job seeker.
- Salary.com this website includes interactive tools, and a Salary Center.
- Studentjobs.gov provides information on how to find jobs in the federal government.
Last updated: 6/9/2014 4:53:08 PM