Your path to success as a Southwestern Jaguar! Why do I need to see my athletic counselor?
• To assist student-athletes in the identification of educational, career and personal goals
• To empower student-athletes to reach academic, career and personal success
• To increase retention, graduation and transfer rate of student athletes
• To encourage each student-athlete to develop independence, self-advocacy and to mature mentally
emotionally, physically and athletically.
• To provide CCCAA, NCAA & NAIA Resources
• To create an environment within the intercollegiate athletic program that promotes academic
• To maximize the academic potential of student-athletes by providing an atmosphere that enhances
learning skills, career development, and personal development.
So, where do I begin?
• Apply to Southwestern Community College
• Take the Assessment test
• If you are new, check out your New Recruits playbook
• If you are returning, you need an educational plan of file!
• Make an appointment with the athletic counselor ASAP!
• Use the resources on this page!
Learn the rules of the game!
• NCAA Transfer Guide Division I/II/III
• CCCAA Bylaw 1 Athletic Eligibility
• NCAA Eligibility Center
• NCAA Division I Members
• NCAA Division II Members
• NAIA Eligibility Center
• NAIA Transfer Guide
• NAIA Members by State
• NCAA Eligibility Center Quick Reference Guide
• NCAA Clearinghouse Information
Practice the key plays of the game! (Transfer)
• A Degree With A Guarantee
• USC Articulation Agreements
• Transfer Center (Must visit!)
• Assist (Explore CSU/UC majors)
• CSU Mentor (Apply to CSU's)
• UC Pathways (Apply to UC's)
• UC System
• UC Transfer Admission Planner
• AICCU (Explore California Private Colleges)
• California Colleges (Search all CA Colleges)
• WICHE Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
• Athletic Toolbox (Transfer Counselor Website)
• SAT College Admission Exam
• ACT Student
• ONET (Best Career Searching website!)
• Draft Resume (Need one for a job
• Majors (What Can I do with This Major?)
• Career Cafe
• Career One Stop
• Healthcare Career