What is a Learning Community?
Learning Communities are linked classes taught by trained faculty members. Those who teach these classes combine the content of the courses so that learning becomes easier and more relevant for the student. Teams of students share the same classes, and, with the support of their instructors and counselor, work together toward meeting the goal of educational success.
Learning Communities may offer special workshops, field trips, and/or activities which make the classes more enjoyable, productive, and social.
What are the benefits of joining a Learning Community?
- Develop lasting friendships with others and be part of something bigger than yourself.
- Learn to navigate the college system and develop life-long learning skills.
- Reinforce learning in one class while working on projects in the other.
- Earn better grades and hear different points of view from more than one instructor.
- Receive personal and academic support and hear different points of view from more than one instructor.
- Have fun and participate in extra-curricular activities!
In order to participate in a Learning Community, you must register for all classes that are part of a particular link.