The Office of Student Activities is encouraging all Southwestern College students to apply for the first Jaguar Outstanding Service Awards, one for group and one for individual category respectively. The awards will be given out to individual and group of students to recognize their outstanding service to a college program or public community agency. The award will encourage students to give back to the community. The process will enhance academic direction, develop civic responsibility, leadership, community engagement, and commitment to a goal or purpose. The service project should benefit one of the service population listed below:
> Chronic Illness (Alzheimer, Cancer, Diabetes, Heart Disease, HIV/Aids, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.)
> Communities of Color
> DACA/AB 540
> English Language Learner
> Food Pantry
> Foster Care
> Incarcerated/Formerly Incarcerated
> K-12 Students
> Low Income
> Veterans/Veteran Families
> 1st Generation College Students
The selection criteria (100%):
• Demonstrated positive impact on chosen service project – 20%
• Service project has improved the lives of people in the program/agency/community served – 20%
• Demonstrated leadership and collaboration with service program or community partner – 15%
• Length of service, and level of time & effort committed – 20%
• Photos, videos, Social media – 15%
• Service Learning component – 10%
Awards will be presented during the Annual Student Awards Ceremony.
Scholarship Amounts: Individual - $500 and the Group - $1,000.
Complete details and how to apply, please click here.
Here are the links to apply:
GROUP: Jaguar Outstanding Service Award
INDIVIDUAL: Jaguar Outstanding Service Award
For any questions or clarification, please contact Jenny Marasigan at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to Rm. 601C in the Chula Vista campus.
These awards are funded by the Southwestern College Foundation.