Southwestern College offers a wide variety of online and hybrid classes, many of which are transferable to 4-year colleges and Associate degree requirements. Check with your counselor for information.
Accessing Online Courses:
To access online courses, hybrid or web-enhanced course content, follow these steps (you may download a PDF of these instructions):
- Click the MySWC link at the top of this page. You should have created an account for MySWC when you enrolled. If you do not know your username and password, select info + help, instead.
- At the login screen, enter your MySWC username and password. This will take you to your portal. Click the name Blackboard.
- You will first be presented with your dashboard. If you do not see your course, select the “courses” menu item on the left-hand side and choose “view all courses”. You may click on the star to the left of your course title to add it to your dashboard for easy access.
- Your instructor may provide information to you prior to the start of your course and you may be able to peruse the course prior to that date, as well.
- Please note that some classes have mandatory meetings on campus and these dates/times will be listed in the course syllabus.
- Tips for a Successful Online Course: if you are new to online courses or would like to learn recommended strategies and successful habits, please take advantage of online tutorials.
Online Learning Orientations
Online Learning Orientations are available at Southwestern College. The orientations are not mandatory, but are highly recommended if you have never taken an online course before. Consult the list below for upcoming orientation times (you may also download a PDF of the orientation schedule):
Call for HELP:
Online Learning Center Support Hotline:
After Hours Hotline: Call (888) 556-6718, Monday-Friday 4:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m. and weekends
Call: 619.482.6595 or e-mail: OnlineLearning@swccd.edu