DSS offers basic skills and strategy classes. DSS classes provide an opportunity for students to improve academic skills, identify career goals, learn about college resources and participate in exercise science.
Personal Development Classes
Personal development (PD) classes are designed to help students develop personal skills such as study skills, test-taking strategies, time management, and decision-making skills. Improving those skills will help towards success in college.
Below is a list of DSS courses.
- PD 9 Diagnostic Assessment
- PD 7 Memory Skills
- PD 12 Oral Language Comprehension Skills
- PD 18 Adapted Computer Instruction
- PD 21 Adapted Computer Support Lab I
- PD 22 Adapted Computer Support Lab II
- PD 23 Adapted Computer Support Lab III
- PD 89 Fundamentals of Mathematics
- PD 101 Orientation to College
- PD 110 College Success Skills
Exercise Science/Limited (ES/L)
Adapted physical education courses are offered through the Exercise Science program and are adapted to address the individualized needs of students with disabilities. All Exercise Science classes require a doctor certification. Exercise Science classes feature activities in personalized fitness, sports, and swimming and are frequently offered in summer as well as in the fall and spring semesters.
- ES/L 113 A-D Adapted Personalized Fitness
- ES/L 121 A-D Adapted Aquatic Fitness