Southwestern College began development of its Strategic Plan in 2004, culminating in the Board-approved Plan 2006-09. In 2010, the initial Strategic Plan was extended through 2012, with annual updates included for 2010-11 and 2011-12.
In Spring 2011, a timeline for full renewal of the Strategic Plan was approved. A revised plan effective through 2015 is expected to be approved and implemented by August 2012.
The Shared Consultation Council (SCC) has Strategic Planning as one of its primary duties and purposes. SCC is co-chaired by the Superintendent/President and the Academic Senate President. There are eight strategic priorities in the Strategic Plan, with “Teaching & Learning” and “Technology & Research” added in March of 2011. Each Strategic Priority has a committee, with Team Leaders, who develop the goals and annual action plans; and then review, monitor, evaluate, assess and modify them as part of the annual planning cycle. Supporting Documents
Supporting Documents for the 2012-2015 Strategic Plan:
- Revised Mission, Vision, and Values
- Strategic Planning SCC Committee
- Revised Strategic Priorities and Strategic Priority Committee Co-Chairs, 2010-11
- Strategic Priority Action Plan Committees
- SWC PIE Model
- SWC Integrated Planning Process
- Integrated Planning Operational Model
- Integrated Planning Organizational Chart
2012-15 Strategic Planning Events
The Strategic Plan Renewal Process consists of annual strategic priority review and action plan updates. A full renewal process will be conducted every five years.