- Online learning is a flexible alternative to traditional, face-to-face learning. You can attend the online portion of a class whenever it's convenient for you, as long as you follow your instructor's schedule of assignments and due dates.
- You choose the place. You can participate in your online class wherever you have access to a computer and the Internet. You'll get the same high-quality instruction, course content, and interaction with classmates, but without the challenges of commuting, parking, and scheduling.
- Types of classes: In general, there are three types of courses at SWC that use Canvas: fully online, hybrid, and web-enhanced.
- Fully Online: An online course is conducted entirely online; there are no campus meetings. Instead, the class uses Canvas for instruction, discussion, activities, and assignments.
- Hybrid Classes: These classes offer a mix of online and campus meetings. Typically, hybrid classes meet half of the week on campus and half of the week online. Campus meeting times are published in the schedule of classes, and the online portion of the course also follows a predictable weekly pattern.
- Web-enhanced: While not technically online courses, web-enhanced classes use Canvas to offer students access to class materials, grades, and resources outside of class. Instructors may also use Canvas to post announcements and send email.
Last updated: 1/10/2018 8:00:15 AM