Click HERE for career video provided to you by ACINET.Org
Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials for research and development of new products or processes, quality control, maintenance of environmental standards, and other work involving experimental, theoretical, or practical application of chemistry and related sciences.
Sample of reported job titles: Laboratory Technician (Lab Tech), Laboratory Analyst (Lab Analyst), Research Technician, Analytical Lab Technician, Laboratory Tester (Lab Tester), Research and Development Technician, Analytical Technician, Chemical Technician, Environmental Lab Technician, Formulation Technician
Order and inventory materials to maintain supplies.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses, using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical or chemical separation techniques, or microscopy.
- Conduct chemical or physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative or quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, or gaseous materials.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, committees, or teams and by conducting laboratory or plant safety audits.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products or processes, following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas.
- Maintain, clean, or sterilize laboratory instruments or equipment.
- Write technical reports or prepare graphs or charts to document experimental results.
- Provide technical support or assistance to chemists or engineers.