Board of Trustees 2016-17 Priorities
The following Board Priorities and Tasks provide direction for the Board and CEO for the coming year, inform Board meeting agenda and workshop planning, and support the District’s Strategic Priorities. Progress on the Board Priorities and Tasks will be assessed at the 2017 Board Self-Evaluation.
Hire and establish a strong working relationship with a new permanent Superintendent/President.
- Operating as a Board, work with the CEO Search
consultant to identify selection criteria; oversee the
recruitment, screening and interview processes;
and select and hire the new S/P by January 2017.
- Ensure that there is a process for orienting and
providing support for the new S/P.
- Work effectively with the Interim S/P to ensure
progress continues toward college goals and
Perform Board roles related to Accreditation to ensure full accreditation.
- Address Recommendation 15 related to board
policy and roles.
- Monitor that gaps identified in the self-study are
addressed and remedied.
- Expect that systems and operations be
institutionalized that foster a culture of continuous
Continue to focus on and monitor student success, with particular attention to managing enrollment to maximize resources.
- Expect and discuss a comprehensive enrollment
management plan that identifies enrollment
targets and related strategies to address declines
in enrollment that impact budgets.
Foster a climate of respect, trust and openness. Expect that College systems reflect and support a culture of fairness, equity, and inclusion.
- Refine, publicize and model board values related
to respect, trust, and openness.
- Expect and discuss an assessment of human
resources policies and practices to ensure they are
fair and equitable.