Please note. The "Ask A Counselor" service is currently down for maintenance. If you have a quick question please call us at (619) 421-6700 x 5240/5241 regarding walk-in counseling or stop by the counselor center located on the second floor of the Cesar E. Chavez Student Services Center.
Welcome to "Ask A Counselor."
This service provides our current or prospective students relevant information to achieve their educational goals at Southwestern College. All messages will be reviewed and responded by a counselor usually within five (5) working days as determined by counselor availability. Before sending your email, please read the information below.
"Ask A Counselor" can answer questions regarding:
- transferability of Southwestern College courses
- college procedures and academic policies
- certificate, degree and transfer requirements
- course prerequisites
- course offerings and course content
- referral to other programs/services
"Ask A Counselor" cannot answer questions pertaining to:
- personal counseling
- career counseling
- other college transcript evaluation
- degree completion check
Questions that violate FERPA guidelines cannot be answered.