2017-2020 Three Year Goals (PDF)
1. Reestablish affirmed accreditation status.
- Ensure all follow-up recommendations are addressed through institutional systems.
- Ensure that continuous improvement becomes college culture.
- SLOs and assessments
- Evaluations and human resources systems
- Board relations
- Institutional effectiveness
- Financial stability
2. Foster a climate of respect, trust, and openness through building a culture of fairness, equity, and inclusion.
- Assess underlying issues.
- Address all investigations, personnel matters, and lawsuits immediately and effectively
- Develop and implement a cultural change strategy.
- Conduct training and development for senior leaders and administrators to ensure accountability, realistic/honest evaluations, and processes are followed
- Work with constituencies to build partnerships
- Provide constituencies with the opportunity to constructively address race/inclusion issues on campus
- Work with the Board to build a strong working relationship based on trust and supports effective trusteeship
- Communicate to the Board of Trustees appropriate information.
- Ensure goals and actions are prioritized and aligned
- Build transparent and timely Board agendas
- Encourage college employees to use established processes
- Ensure marketing and outreach messages are student focused.
3. Improve student access, equity, success, and achievement.
- Reduce barriers to student success and achievement and ensure services are available and accessible to all students.
- Integrate services such as SSSP, Equity, Basic Skills, and Title V to leverage funding and services to ensure student barriers are lessened.
- Implement guided pathways to ensure students can transition through the college quickly and within three years.
- Ensure students move through basic skills quickly and effectively.
- Assess and strengthen Career and Technical Programs to ensure the workforce initiatives are serving students, business, industry, and community needs.
- Position SWC to be the economic engine of South San Diego County.
- Ensure all students have access to higher education through establishing procedures and processes to protect student’s personal identifiable information.
4. Ensure college finances, technology, and human resources are sufficient to meet educational needs of students and community.
- Establish transparent and precise budgets.
- Establish effective enrollment management practices.
- Stabilize enrollments through effective recruitment and retention strategies
- Develop and implement programs relevant to community needs
- Manage resources more effectively
- Create effective resource management tools to monitor
- Restricted and Unrestricted General Fund
- Utilize technology to provide the resources needed to enhance the learning experience for students and the working environment for faculty and staff.
5. Build, strengthen, and support community and educational partnerships to ensure sustainable and prosperous communities.
- Strengthen partnerships with local school districts.
- Strengthen partnerships with local agencies.
- Rebrand the college in the community.
- Build strong fundraising and foundation.
- Cultivate civic engagement through active participation in the community.
6. Implement Measure Z through college planning processes to assure the educational needs of the college are met, and ensure fiscal and ethical accountability for bond expenditures.
Last updated: 4/14/2017 3:26:31 PM