- Southwestern College is the only public institution of higher education in southern San Diego County.
- More than 500,000 students have attended Southwestern College since it opened its doors 50 years ago.
- Students attend Southwestern College to prepare for transfer to four-year colleges or universities and/or to attain skill training for jobs and career advancements.
- In 2016, The Campaign for College Opportunity named Southwestern College one of 10 High Performing Districts in California for the increase in Associate Degree for Transfers into the California State University system.
- Total combined enrollment of the main campus in Chula Vista, the Higher Education Center at Otay Mesa, and the Higher Education Center at National City exceeds 19,000.
- The average age of students attending Southwestern College is 25, reflective of the College's appeal to both the traditional high school student and the older, adult learner.
- Southwestern College offers the Associate of Arts degree in some 50 different majors; the Associate of Science degree in more than 80 different majors; Career Technical Education Certificates in over 100 different majors; as well as a host of non-credit offerings for personal and professional development.
- The California community college system is comprised of 113 two-year public institutions. The colleges are organized into 72 districts and serve more than 2.1 million students – representing the largest system of higher education in the world.
- The Western Association of Schools and Colleges has continuously accredited Southwestern College since 1964.
Last updated: 10/20/2016 4:15:24 PM