RULES FOR RESPONSIBLE USE OF DSS SERVICES:
1. Service Suspension: I understand that if I am absent from a scheduled appointment or service two (2) times in one semester without contacting DSS at least 24 hours in advance to cancel the service, my services will be suspended until I meet with my DSS Specialist. Contact DSS by phone (Voice) 619-482-6512, VP (619) 207-4480, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
During the meeting I must present a valid reason for my unexcused absences. I understand the DSS Specialist may or may not reinstate the services depending upon the reasons for my absences.
2. I will meet annually with a DSS professional to review my Student Educational Contract (SEC). I will inform my DSS Specialist if my needs change.
3. I understand that DSS professionals may need to discuss my education and use of reasonable accommodations with other professionals who have an educational need to know.
4. If I believe that I have been denied reasonable academic accommodations I must contact my DSS Specialist immediately as indicated in Southwestern College procedures, Students with Disabilities – General Academic Adjustments (AP 5140). I may also contact the 504 Compliance Officer/Dean of Student Services.
5. I am expected to respect and obey standards of student conduct while in classrooms and public areas of Southwestern College.
I understand that I must fulfill the above requirements for participation in the DSS program. I have received a copy of this policy on suspension of DSS services, and I understand the consequences of failing to comply with the rules for responsible use of DSS services. I understand I will be notified in writing after the first absence.
SOHWESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT POLICIES & PROCEDURES