About Our Partnership
San Diego students can now get a San Diego State University bachelor’s degree without having to set foot on an SDSU campus through a partnership with Southwestern College.
SDSU and Southwestern College have created three degree completion programs: a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Communication.
We understand that attaining a traditional four-year degree can be difficult. Many of today’s students have full or part-time jobs, families, and other commitments, which is why SDSU and its partners have created new programs to fit their unique educational needs.
Through around the clock access to SDSU’s online course offerings, and with on-site student services provided at the community colleges ready to assist, students can attain a valuable degree from SDSU on their schedule.
Flexible, Convenient, and Affordable
Pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration or a Bachelor of Science in Communication has just become more convenient. With SDSU@Southwestern College, you can earn a valuable degree from San Diego State University without leaving the Southwestern College campus.
The program offers:
- Online courses ideal for busy working professionals
- A self-paced structure that gives you the ability to choose your course load
- Instructional assistance, such as in-person discussions and coursework guidance, at Southwestern College, provided by SDSU
- Student support and academic advising services at Southwestern College, provided by SDSU
- Financial aid opportunities to assist with tuition costs
- The same highly-respected degrees as SDSU’s on-campus program
To be fully qualified for admission , you must have 60 or more units (90 or more quarters) completed by the term prior to transfer. This includes completing 12 lower division preparation course units, as well as completing all lower division GE requirements with a grade of C- or higher. You must also have a 2.8 GPA. For application instructions, please visit neverstoplearning.net/micrositedegrees.