The Student Awards Ceremony
This prestigious award acknowledges 20 current Southwestern College students who excel academically, participate in leadership activities, and demonstrate commitment to a goal or purpose.
- The awardee and nominator will be invited to attend the awards ceremony and dinner.
- The awardee will receive a scholarship and a medallion during the ceremony.
Remember, students cannot nominate themselves! It’s up to you!
Who is eligible to nominate a student? SWC Faculty, SWC Administrator, SWC Classified employee. Students, Hourlies, Contractors, Consultants cannot nominate students.
- Must be a current SWC student enrolled in at least 6 units in Spring 2022
- Have an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 at SWC
- Must have a minimum of 30 units completed at Southwestern College
- Have a Student Education Plan on file as proof of plans to transfer or complete a program
- May not have received a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must not be a past SODA recipient
- Must not have any disciplinary records at Southwestern College
Nominations start Feb. 1, 2022 and closes on Feb. 28, 2022. To nominate a student, please visit the SODA page.
For further information, please contact Jenny Davis (see Get In Touch below).