The DSS office is proud to be associated with the Abilities Beyond Limitation through Education (ABLE) Club. This student led club brings awareness to students, staff, faculty and the campus wide community about students with disabilities. The purpose of the club is to bring together students who want to be involved on campus, sharing their compassion to understand and do more for students with disabilities. It is open to everyone regardless of ability or disabilities.
- To unify students at Southwestern College and to connect, interact and talk about new ideas and personal experiences with other students and faculty
- To offer students a chance to take a more ACTIVE role on issues pertaining to students with disabilities
- To provide DSS (Disability Support Services) and Campus information to all students
- To fund raise for disability equipment, scholarships, and club activities.
- Disability Awareness Month Celebration
- Air Cooled Fiesta 1- VI (VW Car Show Fundraiser)
- Access Awards
- New Student Welcome Workshop
- Club Fair
- End of Semester Gathering
- Weekly Meetings
Allen Chu & Robert Valerio
Co-Club President: Rachel Shinkle & Donald Cunningham
Time: 12 pm - 1 pm