DSS Policies and Procedures
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS FOR RESPONSIBLE USE OF DSS SERVICES
- Service Suspension: I understand that if I am absent from a scheduled appointment or service two (2) times in one semester without contacting DSS at least 24 hours in advance to cancel the service, my services will be suspended until I meet with my DSS Specialist and explain my absences. Contact DSS by phone (Voice) (619) 482-6512, VP (619) 207-4480, or by email email@example.com
- I will make contact or meet at least once per semester with a DSS professional to review my progress.
- I understand that DSS specialists may need to discuss my education and use of academic accommodations with others who have an educational need to know. Please initial if you agree for DSS to communicate with your parents as appropriate ____________.
- Denial of accommodation: If an accommodation is denied, immediately contact your DSS Specialist per SWC procedure (5140 – (AP) Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities). You may also, contact the 504 Compliance Officer, the Dean of Student Services, located at the Cesar Chavez Student Services Center, Room S109.
- I must follow the Standards of Student Conduct in class and public areas of Southwestern College.
I understand that I must fulfill the above requirements for participation in the DSS program. I have received a copy of this policy on suspension of DSS services, and I understand the consequences of failing to comply with the rules for responsible use of DSS services. I understand I will be notified in writing after the first absence.
SOUTHWESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- 3440 – (BP) Service Animals
3440 – (AP) Service Animals
- 4047 – (BP) Textbook Accessibility, Adoptions & Affordability
4047 – (AP) Textbook Accessibility, Adoptions & Affordability
- 4105 – (BP) Distance Education
4105 – (AP) Distance Education
- 4227 – (BP) Repeatable Courses
4227 – (AP) Repeatable Courses
- 5140 – (BP) Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
5140 – (AP) Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- 5145 – (BP) Accessibility of Electronic & Information Technology
5145 – (AP) Accessibility of Electronic & Information Technology
- 6365 – (AP) Accessibility of Information Technology