Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Southwestern College recognizes student, employee and community concerns about COVID-19. We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy environment for learning and working.
Guiding Principles for Decision-Making
- Student health, well-being and educational success.
- Employee physical and financial health and well-being.
In response to guidelines and directives from the County, State, Federal, and Chancellor’s Office and to ensure the continuity of education for our students and essential business, Southwestern College will continue to operate business remotely and offer instructions through distance learning and online through summer semester 2020.
This page was last updated on Monday, June 1, 2020 at 4:41pm.
Current Campus Operating Status
- Summer session will continue through online and remote instruction. The summer schedule will be available on April 21.
- We will begin our fall semester instruction through distance learning and remote instruction. The fall schedule will be available in June and faculty will work with students on how their specific classes or labs will operate in the fall semester.
- Southwestern College will hold a virtual commencement ceremony as well a graduate parade. Students must register by June 5.
- Latest San Diego County health order, effective June 2, 2020, including guidance for local schools.
- The Federal Emergency Relief Grant Application (part of the CARES Act) is now open for SWC students. Visit the Financial Aid page for more information and to apply.
Campus Community Information
Information for students about available resources, remote instruction and more.
Information for faculty, staff and administration.
Special Coronavirus website from the San Diego County Public Health department with real-time updates and newest local guidelines.
How to protect yourself, information on symptoms and precautions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please consider that the COVID-19 public health crisis is rapidly evolving and these answers will most likely change as our efforts evolve.