Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Southwestern College recognizes student, employee and community concerns about COVID-19. We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy environment for learning and working.
Guiding Principles for Decision-Making
- Student health, well-being and educational success.
- Employee physical and financial health and well-being.
In response to guidelines and directives from the County, State, Federal, and Chancellor’s Office and to ensure the continuity of education for our students and essential business, Southwestern College will continue to operate business remotely and offer instructions through distance learning and online through summer semester 2020.
This page was last updated on Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 4:37pm.
Current Campus Operating Status
- Southwestern College will complete the 2020-2021 academic year with online and distance education and remain remote for the spring 2021 semester. Read the full spring 2021 semester announcement.
- All campuses and facilities remain closed.
- Southwestern College has developed unique data metrics and a safe reopening decision tree that will guide our safe reopening plan.
Campus Community Information
Information for students about available resources, remote instruction and more.
Information for faculty, staff and administration.
Special Coronavirus website from the San Diego County Public Health department with real-time updates and newest local guidelines.
How to protect yourself, information on symptoms and precautions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please consider that the COVID-19 public health crisis is rapidly evolving and these answers will most likely change as our efforts evolve.