- California Career Cafe provides students with information and resources to help them identify a career direction.
This website is developed by the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office.
- California Occupational Guides - This series provides statewide information about individual occupations.
- Career InfoNet provides access to online career information and occupation profiles.
- Career One Stop - Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor this site provides career information
and employment trends.
- Careers in Business is a directory of websites about different business career fields.
- Careers in Psychology explore different psychology related career fields.
- Careers-Internet.org includes career and scholarship information. Select the member button and login (username
= 35w and password = future).
- College Board.com - Major & Career Profiles provides career information by field of study.
- Criminal Justice Profiles - Explore criminal justice careers including Border Patrol Agent, FBI, CIA, Counter
Terrorism, Forensic Scientist and more
- Green Careers provides information on green jobs. The list ofoccupations includes: wages, expected
job prospects, what workers do on the job, working conditions, and necessary education,
training, and credentials.
- My Next Move is an easy-to-use electronic tool developed as part of the Occupational Information
Network (O*NET) system. Search careers with key words. Browse careers by industry.
Discover your interests. What do you want to do for a living?
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - The government's premier source of career guidance featuring hundreds of occupations
and career fields.
- O*NET Online - Detailed descriptions of the world of work and careers.
- RN to BSN Online is a site devoted to helping students learn more about a career in Nursing.
- Salary Surfer California Community College Chancellor's Office - Comparative information about the earnings of recent graduates who received an
award in a specific program area at California community colleges.
- San Diego Workforce Partnership Career Path Guides browse career fields and receive wage, employment and training information.
- What Can I Do With a Major In... ? - find out what careers are available to those majoring in a variety of disciplines.
- What Can I Do With a Major In - Resource List provides a list of resources from different university and college career centers.
Employment and Job Resources
- America's Job Center of California can assist job seekers in obtaining employment, and strengthening their employment
- Cal Jobs is California's Employment Development Department's (EDD) Job Service that serves
employers who want to fill job openings and individuals seeking employment.
- CareerBuilder.com - Free access to employment ads from major U.S. newspapers. Search by industry and
- Glass Door a free career community where anyone can find and anonymously share an inside look
at jobs and companies." Also has job listings..
- Indeed - An employment search engine that searches job Web sites, newspapers, and company
career pages by keyword and location to fit your needs.
- JobStar San Diego - San Diego area job search guide.
- Salary.com this website includes interactive tools, and a Salary Center.
- USAJOBS the official job site of the U.S. Federal Government. .
- USAJOBS by College Major a Federal Job search list by your academic major or area of study.