Computer Workstations in the Library
Computer workstations are provided for student use within the library. The Library Catalog and internet access is accessible from all computer workstations in the library building.
Applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and other educational software applications are also available on computer workstations located in the Interdisciplinary and Multi-Media Tutoring Labs. Printing is available from all computers
Because the number of computer work stations is limited library users are requested to restrict their use of computers to study-related activities.
Access to the computers in the Interdisciplinary Tutoring Center is restricted to students currently enrolled at Southwestern College. Members of the public may access the Internet, and use email on library computers located in the reference area on the second floor of the library.
For additional information regarding computer use at Southwestern College and in the library see our Library Policies.
Wireless Internet Access
The library has a wireless network available on all floors of the library.
You can print from any library computer at the Southwestern College Main and Otay Mesa libraries. Students can use their student ID cards to pay for their printing. Library patrons can purchase a one dollar rechargeable print card on the third floor in the Interdisciplinary Tutoring Center.
- Printing costs 10¢ a page for black and white and 25¢ for color.
- Pay for your printing with a Southwestern College student ID card or purchase a print card for $1 dollar at the card dispenser machine in the library building.
- You can add monetary value to an existing card at the card dispenser machine.
- Patrons using library computers will identify, pay and print their documents from Print Release Stations located in the library building.
- Ask for information or help at any library service desk.
You can make paper-to-paper black and white photocopies at any library location:
- Copying at all Southwestern College Library locations cost 10¢ a copy.
- Pay for your copying with bills or coins at each photocopier.
- Ask for information or help at any Library service desk.