Purpose: The overall purpose of the Personal Wellness Services at Southwestern College is to provide high quality behavioral health care to students in order to support the student's emotional well-being, academic success, and retention at the college.
The main objectives of the Personal Wellness Services are to:
- Help manage, resolve behavioral health symptoms resulting from stress and/or a personal crisis
- Optimize student psychological, social, and academic functioning
- Enhance coping skills
- Facilitate emotional well being, student success and retention
- The Personal Wellness Services at Southwestern College are strictly confidential and provide free of charge to currently enrolled students
Services offered include:
- Student Consultations for Behavioral Health Issues
- Crisis intervention
- Brief Supportive Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Conjoint Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Case Management
- Referrals to Community Services
- Wellness Workshops
- Partnerships with Community Agencies
- Speakers from the Community
Help is available
As the semester progresses, you or someone you know may experience significant emotional distress. Remember, you are not alone. There are many resources on campus and in the community that can help assist you. Please use your resources! We are all in this together. Your education and wellbeing is a community effort.
|Crisis Text Line
Text “COURAGE” to 741741
San Diego Access & Crisis Line
(888) 724-7240 or
(619) 641- 6992 TTY
| It's Up to Us
| San Diego Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault 24 hour Hotline(Domestic Violence)
||888/DVLINKS (385-4657) or 888/385-4657
| South Bay Community Services 24-Hour Hotline (South County)
| Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning Community Center (LGBTQ)
| National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
| Center for Community Solutions (Coastal)
Remember...All supportive counseling sessions and services are strictly confidential and offered free of charge to currently enrolled students at Southwestern College.
For more information or to make an appointment, contact the Personal Wellness Center at (619) 421-6700 ext. 5279.