Welcome to Online Learning at SWC!
|Login to Canvas via MySWC
Need help? Contact the Online Learning Center:
- Call (619) 482-6595, Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Email OnlineLearning@swccd.edu with a specific question.
- Visit our NEW location: L344 (third floor of the Library), Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Faculty: Submit Canvas support requests via SWC ServiceNow. ServiceNow requests are given priority and addressed within 48 hours. In the Online Learning area of ServiceNow, you will find categories to help you create a support ticket. Provide a thorough description of your request and we will work on it as soon as possible!
Online Learning Student Orientations
These free orientations to online learning and Canvas are not mandatory, but they are highly recommended if you are new to online learning or Canvas. Orientations are offered at the beginning of each semester, and you can view this semester's schedule on the Online Learning Orientations page.
- Face-to-Face Orientations: Campus orientations are held in Room L244 on the Southwestern College Chula Vista campus, across from the library entrance.
- Online Orientations: Can't make it to campus? Attend an online orientation! These sessions will use ConferZoom videoconferencing. No account is needed.
- Video Orientations: If you aren’t able to attend a live orientation, you can watch a video version at any time during the semester--just visit our Orientations page.
Student Readiness Tutorials
Are you ready to learn online? Check out the OEI Online Student Readiness Modules! These fun, interactive tutorials will introduce you to online learning and the academic and technical skills you need to thrive in this new environment. You will find a few handy calculators here as well.
Canvas Training Opportunities for Faculty
Did you know that Southwestern College is offering training in Canvas? Visit MyLearningPlan (via MySWC) and search for "Canvas" to find the latest training dates, times and locations. We regularly add new training dates, so visit often!