College/High School Concurrent Enrollment
High school students enrolled in 10th through 12th grades may be admitted for concurrent enrollment at Southwestern College with the approval of their high school principal, counselor and parent. The high school principal or designee shall determine and recommend the classes the student may enroll in. Students admitted in this category are subject to college regulations regarding admissions, attendance, prerequisites, scholarship, and personal conduct. All courses attempted and the units earned will be recorded on the student's permanent record for future use toward college graduation requirements.
Students are limited to taking no more than two classes or six (6) units per semester or summer session. A high school student may petition to attend Southwestern College on a full-time basis only if the student submits a letter from their high school releasing them to attend Southwestern College. Students enrolled in home school programs must meet one of the following criteria:
- Home School Program affiliation with a County Department of Education Program.
- California teaching credential of parent.
- Current private school affidavit filed with the State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Note: Students enrolled in home school programs must provide one item from the following list of documentation prior to enrolling for classes.
Students with verified disabilities should contact Disability Support Services before classes begin to discuss appropriate accommodations and/or services.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
FERPA mandates that while minor high school students attend college, they are considered regular college sturents, and the privacy of their educational records is protected. Only the student has a right to their academic record. We will not release student information to parents wihtout the prior written consent of the student. Visit the U.S. Department of Education website for more FERPA information.
- Complete the Southwestern College online application
- Request classes:
- Complete the High School Special Form Online (MySWC Login and Account Creation Required) OR
- Fill out the High School Special PDF form. get the required signatures, and upload to the secure Document Dropbox for Students. (NOTE: Using the PDF instead of the online form may delay processing of your application, and requires you to obtain signatures from your school counselor and principal.)
Get In Touch
Meet the faculty and staff that you'll work with at the Chula Vista campus.
Admissions and Records
Cesar Chavez Building
1st Floor, Room 68-101
900 Otay Lakes Rd
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|