Southwestern College offers a number of ways for you to get involved on campus and find a community that fits your interests. Whether it’s joining a sports team or attending a game, running for office, serving the community or starting a club, there’s a place for you here to find fun and exciting activities.
Additionally, students involved in co-curricular activities such as arts, music or other courses can have their transcripts processed by the Student Activities Office.
Student ID Cards
SWC ID cards are available to credit and non-credit students if they are currently taking classes. Once issued, SWC ID cards are good for a student's entire tenure at SWC and there is no need to request another if you already have one. If you need an SWC Student ID card, please fill out our SWC ID Request Form, found below. Students will be asked to submit two (2) photos to receive an ID card:
- A photo of yourself against a plain, light-colored wall -- this will go on your ID
- Please sit or stand straight up, angled or leaning poses will not work
- No sunglasses, hats of any kind, ear phones, or ear buds. Exceptions are made for religious headdress
- If you wear eyeglasses and a glare shows, please remove your glasses and retake the picture
- Shirts are required
- You will receive an email requesting a new photo if your original photo will not work
- A photo of a government-issued ID card for identity verification. Must be one of
- Any US State ID or Driver's License
- Military ID
- Passport (not expired, US or foreign)
- Sentri Pass
- Previous High School ID
After submission, please allow up to two (2) weeks for us to process your request, especially near the start of the semester. Once enrollment has been checked and the card has been printed, you will receive an email with instructions for picking your card up from the Office of Student Activities.
Please direct all questions about ID cards to Nick Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students auditing classes must pay the $8.00 Student Activities (ASO) fee at the Cashier's Office and then must submit their receipt and approved audit paperwork to the Office of Student Activities before an ID will be issued.
- Students taking non-credit classes may also request their ID card from the Office of Continuing Education, Room 59A-101B.
- Students taking classes at the Otay Mesa, National City, or San Ysidro Higher Education Centers may also request their ID card from the main office at their respective extension campus.
When posting flyers and/or posters on campus, please use the following guidelines:
- All flyers must be approved by the Office of Student Activities and stamped with a take down date PRIOR to posting*
- Only flyers/posters for official SWC events and groups may be posted; outside organizations must be collaborating with an SWC department to post
- Flyers/posters must include contact information (email or phone number)
- Flyers/posters may only be posted using painter’s masking tape
- Flyers/posters may not be posted on any glass, doors, windows, trees, vehicles, or department-owned bulletin boards
- Please limit posting to concrete, stucco, and brick surfaces
- All posted flyers/posters should be removed by the group who posted them within one week of the stamped take down date
- Flyers/posters not meeting these requirements will be removed
*Approval stamps can be obtained in person at the Office of Student Activities (Rm. 62A-114) or digitally by emailing a copy of your flyer to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For your and our convenience, emailing is the best way to get flyers approved; you’ll receive a stamped PDF copy of your flyer and can then print all you want, no individual stamping/dating of flyers required.
Find Your Community
"I realized there is a common narrative among students at Southwestern College, you know, it’s a process. It’s a journey, you’re finding your voice, you’re finding yourself. I realized that I could use my platform that I had built for myself and that many had helped me build as well to give back to our Southwestern College community."
Kiara Mora, former ASO president
We are here to support each of our student’s needs. Chat live on Cranium Café by finding an online staff member below. To learn more, visit the Virtual Welcome Center. Our student service specialists have their hours of availability listed on their profile cards. If a team member's hours are not reflective of their availability, they are likely supporting another student. We give each of our students the individual attention and time they deserve. Thank you for your patience.