Southwestern College is pleased to offer our South County residents and business community a wide variety of high-quality courses and programs through our Continuing Education Office.
We provide students with extended studies designed to support professional advancement and personal success. There are no transcripts or grades; many are tuition-free, while other offerings require a nominal fee.
We encourage you to review our Continuing Education Schedule (PDF) to see which course or program is right for you. We look forward to partnering with you as your life-long learning center and primary choice for higher education.
Important News and Updates
- Online registration is open! View our spring schedule for our upcoming course offerings.
- New! - Subscribe to our interest list and stay up-to-date with the latest SWC Continuing Education news and course offerings, delivered straight to your email inbox.
- A Drive-Up WiFi Zone is available for students who do not have access to the internet, and is located right by the Campus Police Building (Parking Lot D). A Southwestern College ID on the student's car dashboard is needed for verification OR a printed copy of the student's registration statement or class schedule. The WiFi Zone is available everyday from 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- A technology loaner program is available for students who do not have access to technology at home and are in need of a loaner computer to participate in credit or noncredit courses. Learn more and submit a request for the CONNECTS Student Loaner Program.
- SWC Cares provides a wide variety of support and services for students, including food, financial aid assistance, personal wellness resources and more. To learn more, visit SWC Cares.
- SWC Continuing Education is on Facebook and Instagram - follow us to stay up-to-date!
- Need help with registration? Connect with us via Zoom for live registration assistance! See the below for details.
Live Registration Assistance
We are here to assist you with your registration questions via Zoom
Monday through Friday, 9:00-11:30 am & 1:00-3:30 pm
Note: Live registration assistance will not be available on 2/12/21 and 2/15/21.
We are here to support each of our student’s needs. Chat live on Cranium Café by finding an online staff member below. To learn more, visit the Virtual Welcome Center. Our student service specialists have their hours of availability listed on their profile cards. If a team member's hours are not reflective of their availability, they are likely supporting another student. We give each of our students the individual attention and time they deserve. Thank you for your patience.Video chat with Continuing Education on Cranium Cafe
Meet Our Students!
“Southwestern College Continuing Education Department is undeniably the best when it comes to teaching ‘Customer Service Superior Service Series’ courses. Instructor Rosas had amazing presentations. He was able to guide and give me the tools to enhance my knowledge in this field. It was a fantastic experience! I truly recommend to take these courses.”
-Rosa A. Yzabal
"The Noncredit ESL courses, taught by Professor Stuardo at Southwestern College, have not only helped me understand and speak English better, but they have also helped me in all areas of my life. Before taking Noncredit ESL courses, I did not have the confidence to speak English. Now, I can easily communicate with others both in my personal, professional and educational life—thank you Continuing Education."
"I must tell you, the OSHA 30 in Continuing Ed has been a great class for me – I have learned valuable information which I will be able to apply to my current jobs. And last but not least I will getting a 30 Hours OSHA General Industry Standard Card, and a certificate. I recommend the OSHA 30 hour General Industry course to supervisory and non supervisory staff."
- Tomas Munoz
Get In Touch
If you have questions, please contact us below.