Southwestern College is pleased to offer our South County residents and business community a wide variety of high-quality courses and programs through our Continuing Education Office.
We provide students with extended studies designed to support professional advancement and personal success. There are no transcripts or grades; many are tuition-free, while other offerings require a nominal fee.
We encourage you to review our Continuing Education Schedule (PDF) to see which course or program is right for you. We look forward to partnering with you as your life-long learning center and primary choice for higher education.
Important News and Updates
- Online registration is open! View our fall schedule for our upcoming course offerings.
- All Continuing Education classes are currently held in a remote/online format, with an exception of those offered by the Crown Cove Aquatic Center. A Drive-Up WiFi Zone is available for students who do not have access to the internet.
- A new technology loaner program is available for students who do not have access to technology at home and are in need of a loaner computer to participate in credit or noncredit courses for the fall 2020 semester. Learn more and submit a request for the CONNECTS Student Loaner Program.
- OSHA classes are still being offered this fall - remotely! View our schedule for more details (classes begin in September).
- Introduction to Vectorworks is back, taking place October 13-28 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays! This fee-based class is limited to the first 18 students.
- Earn your free, noncredit certificate this fall in: Entry Level ESL, Tax Preparation/Income Tax, or Customer Service.
- SWC Continuing Education is on Facebook and Instagram - follow us to stay up-to-date!
- We are now providing live registration assistance via Zoom to answer your registration questions. Connect with us below!
Live Registration Assistance
We are here to assist you with your registration questions via Zoom
Monday & Tuesday: 9:00-11:30 am / Wednesday & Thursday: 1:00-3:30 pm
(No live assistance September 10 &14, 2020)
We are here to support each of our student’s needs. Chat live on Cranium Café by finding an online staff member below. To learn more, visit the Virtual Welcome Center. Our student service specialists have their hours of availability listed on their profile cards. If a team member's hours are not reflective of their availability, they are likely supporting another student. We give each of our students the individual attention and time they deserve. Thank you for your patience.Video chat with Continuing Education on Cranium Cafe
Meet Our Students!
“Southwestern College Continuing Education Department is undeniably the best when it comes to teaching ‘Customer Service Superior Service Series’ courses. Instructor Rosas had amazing presentations. He was able to guide and give me the tools to enhance my knowledge in this field. It was a fantastic experience! I truly recommend to take these courses.”
-Rosa A. Yzabal
"The Noncredit ESL courses, taught by Professor Stuardo at Southwestern College, have not only helped me understand and speak English better, but they have also helped me in all areas of my life. Before taking Noncredit ESL courses, I did not have the confidence to speak English. Now, I can easily communicate with others both in my personal, professional and educational life—thank you Continuing Education."
"I must tell you, the OSHA 30 in Continuing Ed has been a great class for me – I have learned valuable information which I will be able to apply to my current jobs. And last but not least I will getting a 30 Hours OSHA General Industry Standard Card, and a certificate. I recommend the OSHA 30 hour General Industry course to supervisory and non supervisory staff."
- Tomas Munoz
Get In Touch
If you have questions, please contact us below.