Everyone has their own goals & needs. That’s why we offer a variety of programs and courses. See what works for you.
Important News and Updates
- Important Health and Guidelines Announcement: Please click on this link --> SWC Returns to read the updated health guideline requirements for staff and students returning to the campus during the Fall 2021 Semester.
- Online registration for Fall 2021 is now open! Register your space today, class sizes are limited and starting as early as August 23.
- Office hours at the campus for the Fall Semester will be Monday - Thursday from 8:00am-4:30pm. Staff will be working remotely on Fridays and can still assist you by phone, email, the Continuing Education Lobby, or designated Live Registration Assistance hours.
- To set up an office appointment to meet with a staff member, please click here: Schedule an Appointment
- New! - Subscribe to our interest list and stay up-to-date with the latest SWC Continuing Education news and course offerings, delivered straight to your email inbox.
- A Drive-Up WiFi Zone is available for students who do not have access to the internet, and is located right by the Campus Police Building (Parking Lot D). A Southwestern College ID on the student's car dashboard is needed for verification OR a printed copy of the student's registration statement or class schedule. The WiFi Zone is available everyday from 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- A technology loaner program is available for students who do not have access to technology at home and are in need of a loaner computer to participate in credit or noncredit courses. Learn more and submit a request for the CONNECTS Student Loaner Program.
- SWC Cares provides a wide variety of support and services for students, including food, financial aid assistance, personal wellness resources and more. To learn more, visit SWC Cares.
- SWC Continuing Education is on Facebook and Instagram - follow us to stay up-to-date!
- Need help with registration? Connect with us via Zoom for live registration assistance! See the below for details.
Explore Our Programs
Seeking a new job or want to advance where you are? We offer career certificate programs designed to help you keep up with industry trends such as Tax Preparation/Income Tax Certificate, Infant, Child and Adolescent Development Certificate and Customer Service. You may also be interested in job skills courses like Introduction to Computers, Stepping Stones to Success in the Workplace, CPR, and OSHA to help improve your professional skills.
Personal Interest and Professional Development courses are designed to enhance your life and offer the opportunity to explore new interests. We offer courses such as Make Extra Wholesale Auto Dealer from Home, Podcasting for Profit, Home Visitation Monitor Training, Making the Most of Social Security and more. These courses are short-term, not-for-credit, fee-based classes providing opportunities to expand your horizons.
More Learning Options
We collaborate with our community businesses and organizations to provide affordable customized training to their employee teams. We offer instruction in a variety of locations to accommodate to the needs of our partners.
Continuing Education offers a variety of enrichment activities for students K-12 through our Continuing Education Department designed to empower and develop our community’s youth supporting their academic journey. Our Y.E.S. Academy is a summer program for elementary (beginning at 4th grade), middle, and high school students. Courses focus on a variety of topics, and provide hands-on experiences that are challenging, fund and engaging. The program strives for students to learn and grow in a college environment.
Our courses have no transcripts or grades; many are tuition-free, while other offerings require a nominal fee. We encourage you to review our Continuing Education Schedule for Spring 2021 to see which course or program is right for you.
We are here to assist you with your registration questions via Zoom!
Monday through Thursday
9:00-11:30 am & 1:00-3:30 pm
Meet Our Students!
“Southwestern College Continuing Education Department is undeniably the best when it comes to teaching ‘Customer Service Superior Service Series’ courses. Instructor Rosas had amazing presentations. He was able to guide and give me the tools to enhance my knowledge in this field. It was a fantastic experience! I truly recommend to take these courses.”
-Rosa A. Yzabal
"The Noncredit ESL courses, taught by Professor Stuardo at Southwestern College, have not only helped me understand and speak English better, but they have also helped me in all areas of my life. Before taking Noncredit ESL courses, I did not have the confidence to speak English. Now, I can easily communicate with others both in my personal, professional and educational life—thank you Continuing Education."
"I must tell you, the OSHA 30 in Continuing Ed has been a great class for me – I have learned valuable information which I will be able to apply to my current jobs. And last but not least I will getting a 30 Hours OSHA General Industry Standard Card, and a certificate. I recommend the OSHA 30 hour General Industry course to supervisory and non supervisory staff."
- Tomas Munoz
Here to Help you Succeed
We are here to support each of our student’s needs. Chat live on Cranium Café by finding an online staff member below. To learn more, visit the Virtual Welcome Center. Our student service specialists have their hours of availability listed on their profile cards. If a team member's hours are not reflective of their availability, they are likely supporting another student. We give each of our students the individual attention and time they deserve. Thank you for your patience.