Welcome to Online Learning at SWC!
Over 25% of Southwestern College's courses are offered in an online format and many of our in-person classes use Canvas to supplement classroom instruction, so online learning technology is likely to be part of your experience here at SWC.
The Online Learning Center at SWC is here to help you navigate the how-to of online learning. We provide training, answer questions, and offer helpful resources that can assist you with mastering Canvas, Zoom, and learning online. We're glad you've chosen to take classes at SWC and want you to succeed in the online environment.
Get Started with Online Learning
New to online learning? Read more about:
- what online, live online, and hybrid classes are and how these classes differ from in-person classes held on campus
- how to search for online, live online, and hybrid classes in the class schedule
You've signed up for online, live online, or hybrid class at SWC . . . now what?
- check your online readiness
- read more about Canvas student orientations
- take a tour of Canvas and Zoom, and customize your Canvas settings
Learn what to expect from your online, live online, and hybrid classes:
- before the term starts
- the first day of class
- the first week of class
Everyone needs help with online learning at some point. Let's get you the support you need!
- how to log in to MySWC to access Canvas
- how to change your MySWC password
- how to get Canvas support
There are several ways to get Canvas-ready at SWC. Take your pick!
Have general questions about your SWC classes or MySWC account access? Admissions is your go-to contact for all questions related to:
- MySWC password, login, and account issues
- transcripts and educational plans
- course credit