Health Services

Health Services at Southwestern College provides quality physical and mental health care so students can thrive in the classroom and reach their academic and career goals.

Our services are available to students enrolled in the current semester, and who have paid the Health Services fee.

Health Services staff are available to students in-person, via online video conference, webchat, and phone consultation. For more information, you can schedule an appointment through Cranium Café, call 619-482-6354, or email Please see our office hours below.

Available Services

  • Doctor consultation (Fall/Spring only)
  • Nurse consultation
  • Blood pressure screening
  • Body fat calculation
  • First aid
  • Health education information
  • Immunization/Medical record requests
  • Immunization records Review
  • Lab orders for blood testing
  • Over the counter medications
  • Physicals (Fall/Spring only)
  • Pregnancy tests, and condoms
  • Sexual health and education
  • Tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment
  • Tuberculosis (TB) skin testing
  • Vaccinations and Immunizations
  • Vision screening

Important Announcement

The use of opioid drugs and Fentanyl has been on the rise.  Learn how to recognize signs of an opioid/fentanyl overdose and how to save a life.   

Join Health Services sponsored workshops or outreach during the fall and spring semesters.  For additional information, please contact Health Services at 619-482-6354 and 


  • What is fentanyl? (link)
  • Stop Overdose (link)
  • Spot the signs of overdose and learn how to respond. (link)
  • Emergency Response Teams (link) 
  • Naloxone (link)

Keeping You Healthy

A healthy student makes a successful student. That’s why Southwestern College offers everything from immunizations to over-the-counter medicine to wellness workshops and crisis intervention.

Reach out and see how we can help you today.

Symbols related to health like tooth, hearth, temperature

Healthy Body


We support our students with everyday accidents, education, regular screenings, assessments and more.

Female figure meditating

Healthy Mind


Our students are supported emotionally, with services including consultations, assessments, workshops and more.

Wellness Wednesday Videos

Enter Health Services & Personal Wellness Virtual Lobby

Health Fee

A health fee is collected to cover the cost of student accident insurance and to help fund the operational expenses of the Health Services Center. This includes accident insurance and a liability fee. 


Status Fee
Fall/Spring semester: 0.5-5.5 units $22 per term
Fall/Spring semester: 6+ units $26 per term
Summer session $22 per term


Students may be exempt for the following reasons:

  • Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing according to the teaching of a bona fide religious sect, denomination, or organization may petition for exemption from the health fee (available online at
  • Students who qualify for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) A to cover enrollment fees.
  • High school students enrolled at the Sweetwater Union High School District taking designated classes at high school sites only.
  • Students attending under an approved apprenticeship training program.

Contact the Office of Student Activities for more information regarding the Health Services fee exemption, 619-482-6568.


Immediately report all accidents to the instructor, supervisor, or person in charge. All accidents must be reported to Health Services as soon as possible. An accident report is required to substantiate an insurance claim. Contact Health Services or athletic trainer for insurance reporting forms and information.



  • Students enrolled and registered while attending regularly scheduled classes at college; or while attending college, supervised, and administratively approved activities, including club activities, or traveling under college supervision to and from college-sponsored events.
  • Student-athletes enrolled and registered while participating in or attending any regularly scheduled practice or competition supervised by an authorized representative of the college; or while traveling directly to and from practice or competition with other members as a group, provided such travel is supervised by an authorized representative of the college.
  • Children of students while in or about the childcare facility provided by the college provided that the facility is on the college campus; or while attending “Mommy and Me” classes provided by the college with their student parent, if applicable.
  • High-risk students who have paid the appropriate premiums, attending Fire or Police Academies associated with the college

Report Information

The completion of a formal accident report form is necessary for all injuries and/or accidents that occur on-campus and/or off-campus during a college-sponsored activity.

The completion of the accident form is assigned to the instructor, supervisor, or person in charge. Please inform student/non-employee that the completion of an accident report form is not a claim for insurance. However, if an insurance claim is necessary, the student/non-employee should be directed to Health Services.

Written notice of claim must be submitted within 120 days after the date of the accidental injury.