Health Services

Health Services at Southwestern College provides quality physical and mental health care so students can thrive in the classroom and reach their academic and career goals.

Our services are available to students enrolled in the current semester, and who have paid the Health Services fee.  

For more information call 619-482-6354, email, or chat with us on Cranium Café (Virtual Lobby). Please see our office hours below.

Keeping You Healthy

A healthy student makes a successful student. That’s why Southwestern College offers everything from immunizations to over-the-counter medicine to wellness workshops and crisis intervention.

Reach out and see how we can help you today.

Symbols related to health like tooth, hearth, temperature

Healthy Body


We support our students with everyday accidents, education, regular screenings, assessments and more.

Female figure meditating

Healthy Mind


Our students are supported emotionally, with services including consultations, assessments, workshops and more.

Wellness Wednesday Videos

Enter Health Services & Personal Wellness Virtual Lobby

Health Fee

A health fee is collected to cover the cost of student accident insurance and to help fund the operational expenses of the Health Services Center. This includes accident insurance and a liability fee. 

Status Fee
Fall/Spring semester: 0.5-5.5 units $22 per term
Fall/Spring semester: 6+ units $26 per term
Summer session $22 per term


Students may be exempt for the following reasons:

  • Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing according to the teaching of a bona fide religious sect, denomination, or organization may petition for exemption from the health fee (available online at
  • Students who qualify for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) A to cover enrollment fees.
  • High school students enrolled at the Sweetwater Union High School District taking designated classes at high school sites only.
  • Students attending under an approved apprenticeship training program.

Contact the Office of Student Activities for more information regarding the Health Services fee exemption, at 619-482-6568.


Immediately report all accidents to the instructor, supervisor, or person in charge. All accidents must be reported to Health Services as soon as possible. An accident report is required to substantiate an insurance claim. Contact Health Services or an athletic trainer for insurance reporting forms and information.