The overall purpose of the Personal Wellness Services at Southwestern College is to provide high quality behavioral health care to students in order to support the student's emotional well-being, academic success, and retention at the college. These services are strictly confidential and offered to students currently enrolled in classess and have paid their student health service fee.
The main objectives of the Personal Wellness Services are to:
- Help manage and resolve behavioral health symptoms
- Optimize student psychological, social, and academic functioning
- Enhance coping skills
- Facilitate emotional well being, student success and retention at the college
Services offered include:
- Student Consultations for Behavioral Health Issues
- Initial Psychological Assessment
- Crisis Intervention
- Brief Supportive Personal Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Case Management
- Referrals to Community Agencies & Resources
- Wellness Workshops
- Speakers from the Community
Help is Available
As the semester progresses, you or someone you know may experience significant emotional distress. Remember, you are not alone because your education and wellbeing is a community effort. There are many resources on campus that can help assist you including the Personal Wellness Services.
All supportive, personal counseling sessions and services are strictly confidential and offered to students currently enrolled in classes at Southwestern College.