Whether you're brand new to Canvas or are an online class pro, chances are you're going to need help at some point. Your instructor or course tutor can help you learn your course content, but it's the Online Learning Center's job to help you learn all about Canvas. Heads up: you might face a bump or two along the way, so just remember to be patient, breathe, and smile. It's all part of the online learning process. We've got you covered!
What Kind of Canvas Assistance Do You Need?
- update your image in Canvas
- change the Canvas display language
- program Canvas to send course Notifications to your mobile phone on the free Canvas Student App
- forward Canvas notifications to another email address
- subscribe to a Discussion forum
Canvas Student Support and the OLC can:
- help you find your course in Canvas
- tell you if you're active/inactive in a course
- walk you through how to use the Canvas Student App
- provide you with Canvas how-to resources
- help you troubleshoot problems you're experiencing in Canvas
It's normal to have questions about how online learning works. If this is your first online class, you might have many! So we've compiled a list of the most common queries SWC students have about online learning and hybrid courses. If there's a question you don't see listed here, please feel free to contact the Online Learning Center through the Get In Touch info at the bottom of the page and we'll be happy to assist you.
Registering for Online & Hybrid Classes
Tech Setup & Requirements for Online & Hybrid Classes
Account Info for Online & Hybrid Classes
How Online & Hybrid Classes Work
Getting Assistance for Online & Hybrid Classes
Get In Touch with The Online Learning Center
Fall 2022 Hours
- Virtual: Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
- Walk-In: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday