Spring 2020 Semester
January 29, 2020 to May 22, 2020
- Email registration information to students
- Registration begins by appointment
- Waitlist available (as classes fill)
- 1st Drop for non-payment
- 2nd Drop for non-payment
DECEMBER 19-JANUARY 1
- Winter Break
- Residency determination date
- January 2020 Intersession Begins
- CAMPUS CLOSED - MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY
- January 2020 Intersession Ends
- Spring 2020 full-term semester begins
- 1st 8-week session begins
- Textbooks and required class materials must be returned by the first week of Spring (see bookstore website)
Check WebAdvisor to view the deadline dates by clicking on the class title of a specific class section. You may add classes with an add code or withdrawal from classes via WebAdvisor.
- Deadline to apply for Spring 2020 Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
FEBRUARY 10 - (11:59 P.M. ONLINE OR IN PERSON AT CHULA VISTA CAMPUS BY 5P.M.)
- Last day to drop without a "W" for full term classes
- Refunds—Last day to withdraw from classes and qualify for a full refund of enrollment fees and non-resident tuition.
- Last day to add classes. No late adds will be accepted. Deadline will be enforced.
- Last day to get a refund for Student Activities Stickers
- Financial Aid Freeze Date
- Last day to file a petition for Independent Study
- CAMPUS CLOSED - PRESIDENTS WEEKEND
- Last day to file a petition for Pass/No Pass
- Deadline to Petition for Spring 2020 Graduation
- Last day to file a petition for Credit by Examination
- Second 8-week session begins
- CAMPUS CLOSED - CESAR CHAVEZ DAY
APRIL 24 - (ONLINE BY 11:59 P.M. OR IN PERSON IN CHULA VISTA BY 3 P.M.)
- Last day to withdraw from full-semester classes and receive a "W" grade
- Online Grading is open
- CAMPUS CLOSED - MEMORIAL DAY
- Final Examination Week
- Last day of classes - End of Spring 2020 / Commencement
- Final grades are due for full-term and second-eight-week session classes.
(Note: in general, grades are due four business days after the end date of any section.)
Reminder to Faculty!
Short Session Deadlines
Short Sessions begin January 29 and March 30, 2020
- Deadline to add classes: Day prior to Census
- Deadline for refund: 10% of actual meeting days (Note: in some cases this may be the first day of class).
- Deadline to apply for pass/no pass option is the first week for short term classes
- Deadline to withdraw from class without receiving a "W": 20% of actual class meeting days
- Deadline to withdraw from class and receive a "W": 75% of actual meeting days