Fall 2019 Semester
August 26, 2019 to December 13, 2019
- Email registration information to students
- Registration begins by appointment
- Waitlist available (as classes fill).
- 1st Drop for non-payment
- 2nd Drop for non-payment
- Residency determination date
- Fall 2019 full-term semester begins
- 1st 8-week session begins
- Textbooks and required class materials must be returned by the first week of Fall (see bookstore website). Check WebAdvisor to view the deadline dates by clicking on the class title of a specific class section. You may add classes with an add code or withdrawal from classes via WebAdvisor.
- CAMPUS CLOSED–LABOR DAY
- Refunds—Last day to withdraw from classes and qualify for a full refund of enrollment fees and non-resident tuition.
SEPTEMBER 8 (SEPTEMBER 6–IN PERSON AT CHULA VISTA CAMPUS BY 3 P.M.)
- Last day to drop without a “W” for full term classes
- Last day to add classes. No late adds will be accepted. Deadline will be enforced.
- Last day to get a refund for Student Activities Stickers
- Last day to file a petition for Independent Study
- Last day to file a petition for Pass/No Pass
- Deadline to Petition for Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- Last day to file a petition for Credit by Examination
- Second 8-week session begins
- Deadline to Petition for Fall 2019 Graduation
- CAMPUS CLOSED–VETERANS DAY
NOVEMBER 15 (Deadline to complete in person, NOVEMBER 15 at 3 p.m.)
- Last day to withdraw from full-semester classes and receive a “W” grade
- CAMPUS CLOSED–THANKSGIVING
- Online Grading is open
- Final Examination Week
- Last day of classes–End of Semester
- Final grades are due for full-term and second-eight-week session classes.
(Note: in general, grades are due four business days after the end date of any section; this grading date is being adjusted to December 18 due to Winter Break beginning December 19th.)
DECEMBER 19–JANUARY 1
- CAMPUS CLOSED–WINTER BREAK
Reminder to Faculty!
Short Session Deadlines
Short Sessions begin August 26 and October 21 2019
- Deadline to add classes: Day before Census Date
- Deadline for refund: 10% of actual meeting days (Note: in some cases this may be the first day of class).
- Deadline to apply for pass/no pass option is Thursday of first week for short term classes
- Deadline to withdraw from class without receiving a “W”: 20% of actual class meeting days
- Deadline to withdraw from class and receive a “W”: 75% of actual meeting days